All bugs/feature details can be found at:
Where XXXXX is the ‘Issue #’ referenced below. Additionally, this change log is available online at:
- Issue #87 - Refactor Meta handling
- Issue #96 - Move ‘setup()’ functions to ‘_setup()’
- Moved CementBaseController.dispatch() to _dispatch()
- Moved CementBaseController.usage_text to _usage_text()
- Moved CementBaseController.help_text to _help_text()
- backend.defaults() no longer accepts an app name as an argument.
- foundation.lay_cement() is deprecated. Use foundation.CementApp() directly.
- No longer pass anything but ‘app’ object to handlers _setup() functions.
- handler.enabled() is deprecated. Use handler.registered().
- Issue #65 - Added ‘daemon’ extension. Process is daemonized by passing the ‘–daemon’ option. Handles switching the run user/group, as well as managing a pid file.
- Issue #72 - Added new framework hooks.
- Issue #76 - Added app.close() functionality including a cement_on_close_hook() allowing plugins/extensions/etc to be able to cleanup on application exit.
- Issue #77 - Added default signal handler for SIGINT/SIGTERM as well as the cement_signal_hook which is called when any catch_signals are encountered.
- Issue #78 - Added cement_pre_render_hook, and cement_post_render_hook allowing developers to control the data that is rendered to console.
- Issue #84 - Ability to run all tests from utils/run_tests.sh
- Issue #72 - The framework hooks ‘cement_add_args_hook’ and ‘cement_validate_config’ were removed in favor of the new pre/post setup and run hooks.
- Issue #82 - Change ‘meta’ classes to Python-proper ‘Meta’, and interfaces to use ‘IMeta’. Old functionality will be completely removed before Cement2 stable release.
This is an initial beta release of Cement2, and therefore no bugs or features are listed. Future releases will detail all changes.